Thursday, March 5
Graham Tyler Memorial Chapel
Park International Center for Music is pleased to present Ilya Shmukler in concert. The concert is free and open to the public, underwritten entirely by Park University. Parking is available at no charge.
Piano sonata No.11 in B-flat major Op.22 by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 – 1827)
1st movement (Allegro con brio)
Novelette in f-sharp minor Op.21 No.8 by Robert Schumann (1810 – 1856)
Étude No.1 in C major op.10 No.1 by Frédéric Chopin (1810 – 1849)
Étude-Tableaux in d minor Op.39 No.8 by Sergi. Rachmaninoff (1873 – 1943)
Transcendental Étude No.8 in c minor “Wilde Jagd” by Franz Liszt (1811-1886)
“Images”, Book I of 1st Series, L.110 by Claude Debussy (1862 – 1918)
I. “Reflets dans l’eau”
II. “Hommage à Rameau”
Trois mouvements de Petrouchka by Igor Stravinsky (1882 – 1971)
I. “Danse russe”
II. “Chez Pétrouchka”
III. “La semaine grasse”
Overture to “Tannhäuser” S. 442 by Richard Wagner (1813 – 1883) – F. Liszt (1811 – 1886)
Gaspard de la nuit, M. 55 by Maurice Ravel (1875 – 1937)
II. “Le Gibet
Ilya Shmukler started his musical education in Moscow at the age of 5. Currently he studies at International Center for Music at Park University (Parkville, the USA) with Professor Stanislav Ioudenitch as well as at the Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory with Professor Elena Kuznetsova and Associate Professor Sergey Kuznetsov.
Shmukler is an award winner of a number of Piano Competitions including:
- IV International Festival-Competition “Musica Classica” (Ruza, Russia, 2009)
- Grand Prix; Festival “Origin” (Moscow, 2012)
- Grand Prix; 46th International Radio Competition for Young Musicians “Concertina Praga”(Duo; Praga, Czech Republic, 2012)
- Winner Diploma; V International Rachmaninov Music Competition (St. Petersburg, 2012)
- 2nd Prize; I International Competition “Sсriabin – Rachmaninov” (Sofia, Bulgaria, 2012)
- Grand Prix, 2018 Gina Bachauer International Artists Piano Competition (Salt Lake City, the USA)
- Semi-finalist, the 3rd Shigeru Kawai International Piano Competition (Tokyo, Japan, 2019) – 1st Prize and Audience Award.
As a participant of projects of International Charitable Fund “New Names” he was involved in number of festivals such as “Crescendo”, “Stars on the Baikal”. He is listed in the “Golden Book – the names of the young talents”.
Shmukler played with several Orchestras, among them the Mariinsky Theatre Symphony Orchestra (St. Petersburg) and Bayer-Symphoniker Orchestra (Germany). His recordings have been broadcast on radio programs such as “Radio of Russia” and “Medici.tv”.