Entire Class of Park International Center for Music 2018 Graduates Garner Full Scholarships at Exclusive Music Conservatories to Further Music Education

KANSAS CITY, MO (June 22, 2018) — Dr. Roger Kugler, Director of the Park University International Center for Music, announced recently that all three Park ICM 2018 graduates have achieved the highest honor possible at the University. They have all been accepted into internationally recognized, world-class music conservatories on full scholarship to further their music training, education and development.  High res photos of the graduates are available by request at ellen@mershonandmcdonald.com.

When founder Stanislav Ioudenitch started the ICM in 2003, he started with a vision. He says, “Simply, it was to produce some of the best classical musicians in the world! Our professors prepare students not only for the top international competitions and auditions, but also in the life skills needed to thrive in their chosen profession, whether it be in performance, instruction, advocacy, composition, management, whatever they choose.”

“One of the great attributes our graduates take with them is that they have the advantage of years of study with highly esteemed teachers/performers who mentored them as an apprentice,” said Dr. Kugler. “Because of our exclusivity in enrollment, our faculty have the ability to concentrate on each student, making sure that their level of technical proficiency, breadth of repertoire, and musicianship is ready to go to the ‘next level’ in their development as an artist. Jinhong, Mansur and Hanna have not only been admitted to extraordinary, world-renowned conservatories of music in major metropolitan areas famous for their culture and performing arts, but each of these students was awarded a full-tuition scholarship.”

Jinhong Li, 23, just graduated from Park ICM and is heading to The Julliard School to pursue his Master’s Degree in Piano Performance. Originally from Shenyang, China, Jinhong began studying piano because “it was more like a family business. Almost all of my family members do things relating to music, so it was a natural process for me to play an instrument.” Jinhong chose Park University’s International Center for Music to train specifically with ICM Founder, Stanislav Ioudenitch. “For me, it was such a great experience to study with him in my lifetime. Plus, ICM provides me full scholarship, which is rare to get from any schools in the United States.” Jinhong further illustrates, “Stanislav helped me a lot on many things about piano playing. More importantly, he taught me how to have my own ideas about music.”

Park ICM graduate, Mansur Kadirov, 26, came to Park ICM in 2010 from Shakhrisabz, Uzbekistan, to train with Daniel Veis, Professor of Cello at Park ICM. Mansur explains, “I could have gone anywhere, to any school, but I stayed here to study with Daniel. Not only did I learn from his teaching, but it was also his way of teaching that I decided to stay here. He not only taught me about music, but also about life.” Mansur continues, “When you understand your own personality, you have your own way of being separate from other players . . . your performances become more interesting. Daniel showed me the way, by trying to get everything I have on the inside and bring it out.” Mansur is now heading to the reputed Glenn Gould Conservatory in Toronto, Canada, to pursue an Artist Diploma in Cello Performance. His first stop, however, is Harbin, China, in July, to compete in the Schoenfeld International Music Society Competition. Then Mansur will join fellow ICM undergraduate student, Dilshod Narzilleav, to compete in the George Enescu International Competition in Bucharest, Hungary, in September. But Mansur would rather talk about his dreams, “I love to teach. Of course I love performing and would like to perform, but eventually I would love to become a professor and teach.”

Hanna Zhdan, 22, originally from Mink, Belarus, was recruited by violin professor, Ben Sayevich, to come to Park University. Hanna says, “I wasn’t planning on going to the United States because it was too far. It was just a dream and my mother wanted me to stay close to family. But then I sent my recordings to the teacher. It was a small school in Kansas City. They were offering full scholarship and housing for international students. It sounded way too good to be true. Then I heard from the Director with an acceptance letter and a scholarship offer.” It was shortly thereafter that Hanna heard from her mother again, “My mother said, ‘Maybe It’s a good opportunity for you. I couldn’t believe it! My music professor at Minsk had somehow convinced my mother.”

Hanna credits her violin professor, Ben Sayevich, with trying to understand “my mentality, my culture, my language. He is a great teacher and that is not very known. He teaches you how to practice by yourself. The main thing in a musician’s life is to learn how to practice because you are on your own the majority of the time. You need to learn to work and not waste time. Once you get out of school, you have to be your own teacher. And Ben was able to teach me how to do that.” Hanna has received full scholarship from the highly reputed Colburn School in Lose Angeles, California, where she will pursue a Master of Music Degree. “My dream while at Colburn is to start applying to orchestras. I love playing for orchestras. I love being in a group and creating music together. It would be the dream job.”

ABOUT PARK INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR MUSIC – Park ICM was established (www.park.edu) at Park University in 2003. This All-Steinway School trains and educates the next generation of accomplished musicians in a focused and creative atmosphere with an international faculty of renowned excellence. Park ICM offers degree, certificate and diploma programs at the graduate and undergraduate levels. Our courses of study are focused in the areas of performance in violin, viola, cello and piano. At the core of all ICM programs is one-on-one studio instruction providing vital interactions between the student and master faculty, now in its 14th season. This extremely exclusive music academy selects just 27 students each year to study in the historic European apprenticeship tradition. Each student receives individual studio instruction twice weekly. Park’s amazing campus provides focused and uninterrupted practice time 24-hours daily in a serene and extremely supportive environment. The international faculty’s incredible network of acquaintances throughout the world provide for master classes with renowned guest artists in each performance degree. The European tradition demands public concerts as part of student training that creates performances alongside faculty in sublime intimate concerts throughout Kansas City. Ultimately, the Park ICM master faculty mentors inspiring apprentice musicians and trains them in music and performance. The master faculty also coaches musicianship and career development so that the students will become award-winning musicians, traveling the world and entertaining the most discerning music lovers across all continents.

Visit www.icm.Park.edu for more information about Park ICM’s students, faculty and performance season. High-resolution photos can be obtained by contacting the Park ICM Director, Roger Kugler, at Roger.Kugler@park.edu or 816-584-6484 office.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Social Media

Receive updates by joining Park ICM Facebook at www.facebook.com/ICMPark and following @ICM_Park on Twitter.

###

Please direct all media inquiries to Ellen McDonald
816-213-4355 or ellen@mershonandmcdonald.com.

2022-02-23T11:08:15+00:00 June 25th, 2018|Press|